Portland State University, B.S. Communication Studies, 2017
Bar back, Milk Room at CAA; Chicago, IL — 2019–2020
Provide memorable experiences in an intimate, speak easy. Assist bartenders in making drinks and operating bar. Manage reservation times for smooth service. Craft stories around vintage spirits and cocktails to share with guests. Assist with inventory and ordering. Develop ideas to provide better service and new experiences.
Specialist, Apple; Portland, OR — 2016—2019
Worked in a large retail store spanning an entire city block serving approximately 5,000 customers a day and up to 10,000 customers during peak periods. Provided personal service to each customer to ensure a unique and positive experience. Managed POS systems as well as all internal devices. Trained team members in strict visual merchandising standards and participated in teams for several visual resets. Helped on board new team members and trained them in Apple’s steps of service.
Marketing Intern, Oni Press; Portland,OR — May 2016—August 2016
Interned in the marketing department of a comic publisher. Gathered and organized PR materials. Helped maintain a database of contacts to ensure efficient outreach to comic shops, bookstores, and press. Wrote copy and worked with the design department to develop social media campaigns for new titles.
Committee Member, Restaurant Opportunities Center; Chicago, IL — Spring 2020– Present
• Member of an organizing committee that determines areas of improvement in the service industry.
• Create actions to bring attention and change to workplaces in the service indus- try, such as protests around PPE in workplaces, and tipped minimum wage.
After School Volunteer, Kateri Park; Portland, OR — 2017–2019
• Assisted with an after-school program for middle school aged kids.
• Provided help with homework during the school year and served as a counselor
during summer camp.
• Participated in organizing and outreach for yearly school supply donations.